Confirmation of Polish Citizenship
Please find the following documents, which should be completed:
1. An application letter to be filled out in Polish;
2. A detailed autobiography in Polish, specifying:
a) date of the emigration from Poland,
b) what nationality was held by the parents of the applicant at the time when he/she was born ,
c) on basis of what documents the applicant/the ancestors left Poland,
d) date of acquiring foreign citizenship,
e) countries of previous places of residence,
f) if applicable - date and place of marriage,
g) if applicable - any changes of name and surname.
Please note that the autobiography must be written in the Polish language and signed by the applicant, stating the date and place of the signing;
3. Declaration (in Polish) whether the applicant, his/her parents or grandparents ever renounced Polish citizenship;
4. Declaration (in Polish) what other than Australian citizenship(s) the applicant holds (or held);
5. Birth certificate (Australian document should be Apostilled);
6. Marriage certificate (if applicable; Australian document should be Apostilled);
7. Valid Australian passport or another ID;
8. The act of naturalization of the applicant, his/her parents or grandparents, whichever applicable (Australian document should be Apostiled);
9. Travel document (the applicant's or his/her parents) on basis of which he/she left Poland;
10. Certificate stating change of the first and/or last name(s) issued by respective authority (if applicable);
11. Any Polish documents (e.g. invalid Polish ID's of the applicant or his/her parents, etc.);
12. Consular fee of 205 AUD payable by cash, bank cheque or money order;
13. A self-addressed prepaid envelope for the return of the documents or 7 AUD to cover the cost of return postage by registered mail (if documents are to be returned by mail). Applicants, who fail to do so, will receive their documents by ordinary mail at their own risk;
14. Name and address of the person in Poland, nominated by the applicant for the purpose of receiving of official mail directed to the applicant by the Provincial Governor's Office (the applicant's representative for correspondence).
Person born outside Poland and never residing in Poland - The following documents are additionally required:
15. Marriage certificate of applicant's parents;
16. Document stating that at least one of applicant's parents holds Polish citizenship.
The documents Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4 must be written in the Polish language and signed by the applicant.
All the remaining English language documents must be accompanied by their certified translations into Polish. Only original documents are to be submitted to the Consulate for certification, as the authorities in Poland do not accept copies of the documents certified by Justice of Peace.
In order to initiate the procedure, the Consulate must receive a full set of documents (as enumerated above) from the applicant. As the Polish citizenship confirmation procedure is carried out by respective authorities in Poland, the Consulate is unable to provide information as to the exact duration of the procedure.